Breathe In. Breathe Out. Relax.
BECOME ONE WITH THE BEAUTY THAT SURROUNDS YOU
You will find the Farmhouse Sanctuary parallel to the beautiful Natchez Trace Parkway in North Alabama, just two miles from the Tennessee border. The Farmhouse Sanctuary is a haven for animals. As the farm grew into what it is today, we decided to create a serene place for people to come and relax in a setting of exceptional beauty. If you are looking for a place to reset, refresh, and relax, you have found it.
The farmhouse has been completely remodeled. All drywall is new and extra insulation has been added to the walls to provide as much sound proofing as possible to provide peace and quiet in every room. Each room also has its own private bath. The barn doors and the furniture in the farmhouse showcase the local hardwood as they were built in our custom woodshop.
We have recently decided to make the Farmhouse Sanctuary an artisan workshop destination. We now teach some of the lessons our ancestors needed to survive and thrive. We have added a commercial bakery so we can teach classes and workshops on sourdough bread (and any other variety including, but not limited to, baguettes, bagels, English muffins, pumpernickel, black bread from Germany, and Italian Ciabatta), French pastry and croissants, jam making, and cheese making. The pastry is fabulous as we use our own organic farm fresh eggs from our free-range chickens.
We are also beekeepers and teach beekeeping workshops where we go into our own hives to show you exactly what to expect as a beekeeper. We have also added weekend workshops on woodworking where you can build a custom wood project of your choosing using our wood and equipment under the direct supervision of our resident woodworker. These classes have very few participants so everyone gets personal attention.
For fun, we have a three-hole disc golf course and disc set. We also have a local masseuse available by appointment; and, if you are a Pilates adherent, we have a reformer.
If any of the above interests you, please let us know when you make your reservations and we will let you know the costs.
Finally, a farm tour is offered if scheduled ahead of time.
Why choose a Get-Away at FarmHouse Sanctuary?
- Beautiful and peaceful setting in nature, facing a pond, pasture, and trees
- Outdoor fireplace
- Wood-fired pizza and bread oven (where we offer fresh pizzas and breads for special occasions.)
- The pond in front of Farmhouse Sanctuary provides beautiful spots to sit, relax, and enjoy the scenery surrounding you.
- Great area for bicycle riding
- Free Wifi
- Custom breakfast of a time you choose: – Breakfast eggs will have been produced by our very own staff of chickens. – Sourdough bread baked in our own bakery. We use organic ingredients when we can.
What to expect of our guests
- Enjoy your stay and let us know if there is something that could improve your experience.
- Please keep it clean: we would very much appreciate it if you would take off dirty shoes/boots before entering the house to keep the farm outside.
- We are located in a ‘dry county’. Therefore the Farmhouse Sanctuary premises (inside and out) are smoke, drug, and alcohol free.
Enjoy Some You-Time
In the serene Central community right off the Natchez Trace you’ll find Farmhouse Sanctuary. Enjoy the luxury beds, cozy spaces, and nature right out your window.
There is unlimited relaxation at the sanctuary. Curl up on the couch and read a book, take a walk on our nature trails, or go on an animal safari. The choices are limitless.